Taking the necessary steps to improve your gum health may help you avoid certain complex dental problems. Gum disease is one of the most common indications of poor gum health. Gum disease is a progressive bacterial infection that compromises the health and function of your teeth, gums, and bone structure. Catching gum disease early can reduce damage to the teeth, gums, and bone structure.
At MAC Dental, we offer a range of preventive, general, and periodontal therapy service to address all stages of gum disease. General dentist Dr. Jacob McLauchlin works with patients one on one to provide a proper diagnosis and treatment plan to restore health to their smile.
Improve Your Gum Health
- Visit the dentist at least twice a year for a routine dental exam. During your dental exam, Dr. McLauchlin will check the teeth and gums for any developing oral health issues. When certain oral health concerns are caught early, patients may be able to avoid advanced treatment.
- Practice a healthy oral hygiene routine. Brushing and flossing your teeth is one of the simplest ways to improve your oral health. Brushing and flossing your teeth can remove bacteria and debris for the teeth and gums.
- Quit smoking and tobacco use. Recent studies have suggested that smokers are at a higher risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Professional dental cleanings can help remove plaque buildup from the teeth and gums. Professional dental cleanings are typically performed by one of our highly trained dental hygienists.
- Ask questions! When you visit our Nixa dental office, we encourage you to ask our team any questions you may have about your oral health. We can work with you to provide any information, techniques, or product suggestions you may need to improve your oral health.
Schedule An Appointment
If you would like to learn more about improving your gum health, visit MAC Dental in Nixa, MO. To schedule an appointment, call 888.488.3049 or request an appointment online.